Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Patti!

These were fun yet took a little time to do.  I do like how the 3 dimensional letters gave these simple cupcakes some personality.  I used Patti's chocolate frosting recipe with a triple chocolate fudge cake mix.  The girl does like chocolate after all!
To help with the chocolate letters I bought this pack of scrapbook stickers to trace so my letters would all be the same size.  I knew I couldn't do it by hand.  These are a great size letter to put on top of a cupcake.
The next step is to melt chocolate(they have several colors to choose from at Michael's or you can buy the oil based candy coloring to make your own colors) in a little squeezable tube like above.  I melt mine in the microwave.  Then I placed my sticker sheet under some wax paper and traced whatever letter or swirly I wanted.  Once they are dried completely you can peel them off very carefully and add to the newly frosted cupcakes.  The swirls were more fragile so I want to continue experimenting to see how to place them on better without breaking or falling.

I used my indulge sign above my cabinets for the platter (it was the only thing that would fit 8 cupcakes across.)  I covered it with scrapbook paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment