Saturday, August 7, 2010

Back to School Cupcakes



I made these for a special back to school party we had with some friends. Hopefully the kids were excited to go back to school after eating these fun cupcakes. I got the idea on the Gourmet Mom on the Go blog.
I used the lemon cream cheese frosting. The chalkboards are chocolate covered graham crackers, the chalk is Good n' Plenty candy, the apples are skittles with a green stem piped on (I used the #2 tip for the stem and the lettering.) If you don't have tips then you can put frosting in a ziplock baggie and barely cut the tip off one of the corners.
*Ethan and I also made these for his first grade teacher on the first day of school. I didn't get a picture but we wrapped them in cellophane like the apple ones we did last year. Ethan loved helping with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment