Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cupcakes and more cupcakes!


I made these as thank you's for the girls who helped with my fun shower last week (pics below.) I love cupcakes, everything about them. These were so fun to decorate.
I got these cookie cutters at Crate and Barrel forever ago and was so excited to bust them out.
I used this sugar cookie recipe:
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup butter (creamed)
1 cup sour cream
Combine & beat until creamy. Add 61/2 cups flour and 2 tsp. baking soda, and 1 tsp. salt. Mix well. Roll out on floured counter 1/2 inch thick. Cut out with cutter. Place on greased sheet and Bake for 10 min. @ 350.
I used my big star tips to decorate the frosting tops of the cupcake(some I piped on stars and the others I used small swirls to cover) and then topped with sprinkles. I used my lattice tip for the bottom of the cupcake. I used a red bubble gum ball for the cherry. Easy and super fun.
I used the chocolate recipe(see favorite frosting posting) for the bottom of the cupcake and my regular cream cheese frosting:I did a huge batch so I used 2 things of cream cheese and 1 cup butter, 2 or 3 tsp. vanilla, and 8 cups(maybe a little more depending on the consistency you want) powdered sugar.

I am doing my little girls room in cupcakes so they went with that theme for the shower and I loved how it turned out. They were so creative! I loved loved loved it! I love the cupcake banner Mindy did. I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of all the other decorations (cupcakes made from diapers, a huge cupcake that Jill made, and Mindy had so many other fun pink decorations everywhere.) You can see where my priorities are, on the food table!

How cute are these cupcake cake pops they made? I can't help but smile and get a little giddy whenever I see a cupcake. I can't wait to have a girl, this stuff is just way too fun!!

Here are all the girls who helped. Yikes I look huge here! I think I need to go eat another cupcake to feel better. Thanks girls for all your hard work!

These girls were the master minds behind it all. I love you girls and appreciate all you do for me. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment