Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We were so blessed and got to spend Thanksgiving with some dear friends in Lexington. The dinner was awesome thanks to Carly. It was a Thanksgiving I will never forget. I love this family and their goodness.

We had fun with the place settings. The kids and I decorated the turkey cookies.

We stuck candy corn in a double stuffed Oreo, wrote the names with frosting, then stuck this in a open faced Oreo. We used Whoppers for the head, cut orange Starbursts for the beak (used white chocolate to glue on head), and white chocolate for the eyes. We also used the white chocolate to help some of these little guys stay together if the backs of the Oreo came lose after stuffing with candy corn.

I want to remember this cute thankful tree idea. I loved it. Carly used a branch from outside and then cut out leaves from paper. All month they put things on the leaves they were thankful for (she even let us do some) and hung them on the tree. Then we read them over dinner. They were some really creative ones like I'm thankful for bugs and hats.

Thanks for the fun memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment