Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bridal shower cupcakes


I made these for Rachel's bridal shower. I loved the colors Ann chose (light pink, coral pink and brown.) I also love that she wanted them to look simple. Sometimes I tend to go overboard. In the end simple is always better and usually prettier too. I used to always think I had to add sprinkles but I am happy with how these turned out.

So they may look simple but they still took time to make. I had a lot of fun with these recipes and I am excited to share them with you.
Strawberry (pink)cake (this is Kay Dawn's recipe)
1 box white cake mix (Duncan Hines)
1 small box strawberry jello
1/2 boiling water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup fresh mashed strawberries
Boil water in microwave. Add jello. Stir until dissolved. Add rest of ingredients. Mix few minutes on medium. Bake 350 for approx. 16 min.
Strawberry frosting *my modified version
1 stick butter
16 oz. powdered sugar
1/4 cup mashed strawberries
3 Tbsp. milk
Melt butter. Let cool. Meanwhile add sugar, straw. and milk then add butter.
*I didn't melt butter or use any milk since I was piping. I also added 6 ounces of cream cheese and 1 tsp. of vanilla.

I used a pedal tip to make the flowers (126) I used this tutorial for help. I used a smaller tip than she did.

Lemon cake- (coral pink)
I used a vanilla cake mix, 1 box of lemon pudding, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup sour cream and 1/2 water (I may have added more-I just kept adding until I got the right consistency)
*I wish I would have added lemon zest and replaced some water with lemon juice. Mine didn't have enough lemon flavor.
I used this lemon cream cheese recipe.

Too much Chocolate cake from Allrecipes.com (this is my husbands all time favorite recipe)
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips(I only use 1 cup)
I used this chocolate frosting recipe
*Sorry for some of the camera angles. Because of the mirror I didn't want to be in the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous Amy! How did you do the little petals! SO beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete