Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lingerie shower cupcakes


To say I had fun making these is an understatement. They did take lots of time but it was worth it. It also helped that I love the girl who ordered them.
So I looked online for lingerie cupcake ideas and as usual everything was made of fondant. I loved the ideas I saw of making lingerie for cupcake toppers so I really wanted to figure out a way of doing it without busting out the fondant. As I was looking at a few pieces I noticed that the basic shape was like a heart. I thought to use my Wilton heart chocolate mold as the foundation and this is what I came up with. I only had time to do 8 since this was a last minute order. She needed 12 so I came up with the following SEXY cupcakes to make it complete.

I used some black chocolate I had in my freezer from Halloween(I loved the colors she chose by the way-it really was sexy) to pipe the letters with. I put the melted chocolate in a ziplock, cut the corner and traced my sticker letters that were under wax paper. I added the sprinkles/pearls before the chocolate dried. Once they were dry I peeled them carefully from the wax paper and then placed them in the frosting.

Here are the close-ups. The black shiny one was white chocolate but I painted it with black gel paste and added the lace in pink frosting. The other one is suppose to be zebra print. I tried copying some of the toppers on line and this one didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.

Oh how I wish I could be the kind of blog that takes the time to explain everything in great detail and have a picture to show along the way. I just don't have the time to do that with 3 small children. I am so sorry. The one of the right was done by adding shavings of semi melted chocolate to the side of the heart and then shaping it how I wanted.





I did take this one picture during clean up to show you how I started to shape these. For the bra and panty ones I cut where the knife is and shaped them. For the longer bodice ones I cut just the point of the heart off and then used another heart for the bottoms.

This is how they were displayed.

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I swear that I commented on this once before, but since it's not here, I will go ahead and tell you THANK YOU SO MUCH again for doing these cupcakes for us. I so appreciate your willingness to help. I love you and am so glad we're friends :)

    ReplyDelete