Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chocolate covered strawberries

My friend Natalie found this tray for me at Hobby Lobby and I finally found the perfect treat to go on it...
Pink and green strawberry cupcakes. I made these for one of Jenny's baby showers. I used Kay Dawn's strawberry cake with frosting:
Strawberry cake
1 box white cake mix (Duncan Hines)
1 small box strawberry jello
1/2 boiling water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup fresh mashed strawberries
Boil water in microwave. Add jello. Stir until dissolved. Add rest of ingredients. Mix few minutes on medium. Bake 350 for approx. 16 min.
Strawberry frosting
1 stick butter
6 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. powdered sugar
1/4 cup mashed strawberries
1 tsp. of vanilla.
I thought the green chocolate drizzle on the strawberry got boring so I tried something different. The chocolate was a little thick so it wasn't as easy to work with as I was hoping. Next time I'll have to add some shortening before I get started.
I did like that they all looked different. I had a great time creating them.

I love how ruffles are in right now. I tried to make the frosting look like ruffles. I think I might have failed. Oh well I'm still practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment