Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday John Taylor!

These were for John Taylor's 3rd birthday. Richann decided yesterday to make his party more simple (I am proud of her) which included changing the cupcakes too. I googled simple 3rd birthday cupcakes and loved this idea.
I traced number 3's with white chocolate and then glittered them with sprinkles. Once they set up I just placed them on the cupcakes. Simple!
I used this recipe for the cake:
Raspberry filling
16 oz. frozen raspberries thawed
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Add enough water to liquid to equal 1 1/4 cups. In large saucepan, combine liquid, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; mix well. Heat and stir until mixtures boils and thickens. Cool completely. Stir thawed raspberries into cool mixture.

I used this frosting:
Cream Cheese Frosting:
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
4 1/2 to 4 3/4 cups powdered sugar

Happy Birthday buddy! Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment