Thursday, October 25, 2012

Goulish fingers

 I made these for  Ethan's carnival at school.  Ethan wanted to make cookies this year instead of a cake and this is what he wanted to do. I found this cookie pan last year at Target.

 I tried using regular frosting and chocolate to decorate these but it didn't look right so I had to use royal icing which is not my favorite.  I personally don't like the taste but I was happy with how they turned out.

I first thinned out the colored icing just a little so I could pour it over the fingers (on a cookie sheet.) For the hairy monster I put sprinkles over it before it dried.  Once they were dry I added the details. For the hairy one I used a paint brush to add red and brown to the white nail.

Here's the recipe I used

Ingredients:

Makes:

About 3 cups of icing.
Tip: when not using the frosting keep it under a wet paper towel because it dried quickly.

 I used my Halloween Cricut cartridge to cut out a coffin to display them in.
This is what they looked like all done. I needed to package them by 6. It was a little squishy but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment