Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Nutty" Christmas gift


 I wanted to make something simple for neighbor/friend gifts this Christmas and I found the perfect thing. Cinnamon Almonds! Thank you Cory for introducing us and for showing us how to make them! You have to try these.  They are so easy to make and so yummy!
Cinnamon Almonds:
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 2 Tbsp water and 1/8 tsp salt in small frying pan. Turn heat on high. Stir in 1 1/2 cups *roasted but not salted almonds. Stir them for about 5 minutes or until sugar turns clumpy. Spread on wax paper lined cookie sheet to cool.  Be careful they are highly addictive. **You can double this recipe using a large frying pan.
*To roast almonds spread raw almonds on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes turning them half way. 
 Michele gave me these cute containers (she knows I love stuff like this) to put a fun treat in.  I think these were perfect for this! But these almonds are perfect in anything!  Patti used fortune cookie boxes that had a see-through window in them.  They were super cute!
I also used some plastic boxes I ordered from Pick Your Plum. They fit about 1 1/4 cups almonds in them.

I also bought this twine from Pick Your Plum.  I am loving how simple it is to use and want some in every color.  
I had to include this pic of Lucy. She insisted on being outside with me while I took pictures in the cold.  She snuggled herself up and had fun telling me how to do my job. Love this sassy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment