Saturday, October 18, 2014

"Little Man" baby shower


"Oh BOY...A little man is on his way... We Mustache you to join us for a shower before the big day!"  
 Thank you Sara and Leah for letting me help with this shower.  I loved the theme and colors!  These are the mustache cookies I made.
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup butter (creamed)
1 cup sour cream
Combine & beat until creamy. Add 6 1/2 cups flour and 2 tsp. baking soda, and 1 tsp. salt. Mix well. Roll out on floured counter 1/2 inch thick. Or place between sheets of parchment paper roll out, freeze for 20 minutes, then cut shapes out and put on cookie sheet. (This method will keep you from having to use so much flour which makes your cookies taste like flour :)   Bake for 10 min. @ 350.
Cream cheese frosting:
1 8 oz cream cheese softened
1 stick butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

 Love the bunting banners that Sara made!  Her sewing talent amazes me.

Leah did these cute drinking jars with the straws and mustaches. Love them!
So fun! Sara made drinking these look so cute so I had to take a pic with her.
 I really loved this idea of putting drinks in these cute jars. Thanks Leah!
 The shower was in the mid morning so we had brunch food which is amazing and delicious, right? Sara made these yummy yogurt parfaits with homemade granola (on the bottom) and sliced fruit to add to the top (the bananas aren't pictured here but were yummy too.)
 Banana muffins, Pumpkin muffins, cinnamon rolls, and they had a quiche and breakfast casserole too!
 I made these for a take home treat.  They were fun to do.  I found the mustache sucker mold at Hobby Lobby.  I used orange candy melts and almond bark for the white and blue (added a few drops of Americolor to the bark.)
 We decided to fill the jars with rice rather than buy more candy which can get expensive.  I remembered my dear friend Alicia Cutts coloring her rice to make a fun project for the kids.  She was right it really was easy to do.  All you need is 1 Tbsp. of vinegar (or rubbing alcohol,) 1 cup of rice and food coloring(depending on how dark you want it. I used a couple drops of Americolor per batch.)  Mix in a ziplock baggie and spread on a cookie sheet to dry overnight. The smell of vinegar goes away once it's dry. I made about 10 cups to fill all 3 of thing giant jars. I had fun making fun designs with the rice.
 This rice design turned out a little crazy thanks to the help of my 3 year old.  It was so fun for my kids to do.  I need to remember this for future boredom days!
 I cut out the bow ties with my circuit and glued them to ribbon wrapped around the jar which you can't really see.

My kids loved sampling these for me! Love them to pieces!
 This is one of the cutest things I've seen done at a baby shower! If you don't love playing games at a shower then this is perfect for you.  Thanks Amanda for the idea! So she had us write words of encouragement/silly things on a diaper so when our mom to be is up at 2 am changing her baby she will have a special note from us.  Super cute, right?
Here's the poem she used.  I think she got it off Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment